Fishing Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Author Topic: Grand River - 9/14/208  (Read 201 times)

alleymad

• Moderators
  • Master Angler
    • View Profile
    • Spartan Toyota
Grand River - 9/14/208
« on: September 14, 2018, 09:05:45 AM »

Snuck out after dark at about 10:30 pm or so.

Water is even lower than It has been - It is so low that the meager trickle coming out of the fish ladder is noticeable.

Caught a walleye on a Thunderstick.  Saw something interesting laying on shore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."  ~ Henry David Thoreau

I sell cars: http://www.spartantoyota.com/

rsa0420(Alex)

• Master Angler
    • View Profile
Re: Grand River - 9/14/208
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2018, 03:11:50 PM »

dangit
Fishing anytime I can

alleymad

• Moderators
  • Master Angler
    • View Profile
    • Spartan Toyota
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2018, 04:22:22 PM »

I had a multi-species night.  Pike, bass, rock bass, and walleye.  Got many salmon to follow, but not a single taker.  I guess thatís why It is fishing and not catching.  Just crawling any stickbait - doesnít really seem to be a color that is doing any better than any other because I tried all of them.

Also got an ultra-rare closed face Zebco...  and the 890 yards of line and hooks and sinkers It has claimed....

"Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."  ~ Henry David Thoreau

rsa0420(Alex)

• Master Angler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2018, 11:23:37 AM »

Nice im going to try and get out the next couple nights after my wife gets home from work probably give your side a try again
Fishing anytime I can

alleymad

• Moderators
  • Master Angler
    • View Profile
    • Spartan Toyota
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2018, 12:57:28 PM »

I cannot get the salmon to hit - they are following and then turning away.  I hooked 2, both tossed It.

Still getting a decent mixed bag though.

macaroni

• Master Angler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2018, 06:58:53 PM »

Beautiful fish, Allleymad! After going to a wedding reception in Freeport Saturday afternoon, I tried Fitzgerald Park, managing three dink smallmouth. I know exactly what you mean about low water; good grief! The question I want to ask you is: why, in your opinion, was there so much debris in the water? By debris, I mean lots of strands and tufts of grass floating on the surface. Seriously 90% of my retrieves ended with crud on my jig from the surface (not the bottom). The stuff was floating past me all night.

alleymad

• Moderators
  • Master Angler
    • View Profile
    • Spartan Toyota
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2018, 09:48:42 PM »

At Fitzgerald itís hard to say, but Iím guessing that you were seeing the result of some serious upstream landscaping.

When I was getting It a while back at Webber It was because they kept opening and closing the floodgates which was forcing the still water where all the leaves and crap collect to be moved around.  Thing is I think the only gates upstream of Fitzgerald are Mooreís Park and those havenít been moving so...

Facebook Comments