Fishing Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Author Topic: Grand River 7/8  (Read 72 times)

Neebo

• County Pro Staff
  • Master Angler
    • View Profile
Grand River 7/8
« on: July 10, 2018, 08:56:13 AM »

Went to the Grand a couple days ago for about 2 hours.  Caught a couple catfish on crawlers and probably 3 dozen smallies and rock bass.   Only 1 smallie over 14 but what was lacking in quality sure was made up for in quality.  Also hooked a gar that was probably 25-30 inches right off shore.  All on a white rooster tail.  Haven't been out since but the fish are getting pretty hungry with no rain to wash in forage.
"Good things come to those who wade."

alleymad

• Moderators
  • Master Angler
    • View Profile
    • Spartan Toyota
Re: Grand River 7/8
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2018, 10:39:44 AM »

I fished for a couple of hours last night after work.  Got about 10 3-4" rock bass and half a dozen 8" smallmouth.  Then the fly hatch happened. 

I tried getting a video on my phone but it was too dark and the light from the phone attracted a horde of bugs.  There were literally piles of flies that were three feet across floating on the surface.  All of the catfish were swimming along the top of the water with their mouths open just slurping massive piles of flies.  I saw some gigantic channel catfish - now, to wait for the bug activity to subside and catch them...
"Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."  ~ Henry David Thoreau

I sell cars: http://www.spartantoyota.com/

Neebo

• County Pro Staff
  • Master Angler
    • View Profile
Re: Grand River 7/8
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2018, 09:42:06 AM »

Right!  I am planning on doing a bunch of fishing tomorrow.  Hoping to start with trout at prairie and end on the grand chasing cats.
"Good things come to those who wade."

Facebook Comments