Fishing Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Author Topic: SE MI 7/7/18  (Read 49 times)

macaroni

• Master Angler
    • View Profile
SE MI 7/7/18
« on: July 08, 2018, 04:02:54 PM »

I fished last night in the tube from 6:45-9:15 with a slip bobber and minnow combo. I did OK. I got an 8 1/2" bluegill and 2 decent crappies (9 1/2 and 9"), in addition to 3 smaller bluegills and 3 dink largemouth.

What piqued my interest was what I discovered about the structure in this lake. I had fished the other side of this lake before, but never the side I was on last night. There's what I will call a gamut of deep water 17-19', with shallow weed beds on either side. This deep water is where I caught all of my fish. I would say that most of the panfish are just average, but there's a lot of them. It will be a good lake to go to if I just want a meal. What blew me away was the weed bed on the left side of the gamut. It's about 9-10', with weeds coming 2-5' from the surface, but it's not a solid mass of vegetation; there are lots of places where there are holes in the weed cover. I marked a ton of big fish here; they have to be largemouth. I tried in vain to drop a minnow into these holes, but had no takers. I kept thinking, "this is the perfect spot for my Shadow Rap." So the next time I go (and it's close to my house, so that will be soon), all I'm taking with me is the Shadow Rap and spinners. Can't wait to see what happens!

Macaroni

Neebo

• County Pro Staff
  • Master Angler
    • View Profile
Re: SE MI 7/7/18
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2018, 08:53:43 AM »

Sounds like a fun spot!
"Good things come to those who wade."

Facebook Comments