Fishing Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Author Topic: Grand River - Webber etc... 3/13/2018  (Read 329 times)

alleymad

• Moderators
  • Master Angler
    • View Profile
    • Spartan Toyota
Grand River - Webber etc... 3/13/2018
« on: March 13, 2018, 08:08:52 PM »

I fished last Tuesday and today.  Put some pics up in the other thread, but wanted to make a more specific condition / tactic type of report.

First, the river is still hustling along pretty well.  A lot lower than It was, but still moving...

It is also really clear considering what It looked like a couple of weeks ago.

Last week I got bit on fire tiger husky jerks and blue and white lipless crank baits.  Tossing them upstream and banging them through rocks, then pausing.  The lipless crank was getting hit on the fall on slack line (hard to keep contact with It because of the current) and I missed several fish and also lost several probably because of weak hook sets.

Today, I tried everything.  It all failed.  I didnít even get a bite.

I will point out that they changed the rocks and whatnot above the coffer at Webber and the flow right along the bank is making life difficult for me.  Used to be I could manage my line pretty well to keep my lures from getting dragged by the current.  That is much more difficult than It was before because the fast current area is about three times as wide as It was last year...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."  ~ Henry David Thoreau

I sell cars: http://www.spartantoyota.com/

alleymad

• Moderators
  • Master Angler
    • View Profile
    • Spartan Toyota
Re: Grand River - Webber etc... 3/13/2018
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2018, 06:24:37 PM »

Fished on Sunday 4/22/18 and Tuesday 4/24/18 and managed 1/3 steelhead, a bunch of smallies, and a northern.

Fish came on a variety of different jerkbaits either cranked down and dead-sticked or crawled against the current.  Olive when cloudy, silver when sunny...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."  ~ Henry David Thoreau

I sell cars: http://www.spartantoyota.com/

Facebook Comments