Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: December 10, 2018, 10:10:41 PM 
Started by alleymad - Last post by alleymad
I always have extra trebles as well.  Going to have to start carrying split rings as well though. 

I predict there will be fish there all winter to be honest.  Because of the way that the dam was operating, It is my belief that for the last two to three months they were basically inaccessible from shore except for after dark.  Pretty sure they were hanging out in a certain hole during the day that I couldnít get to easily and I only ever saw a couple people even trying.  It wouldíve been a good fall to have a kayak out there I think, but i only saw that one time.

Almost all of the fish I caught this fall were after dark and they were moving up into really shallow and barely moving water.  The ones I got during the day were either right when there was a change in current or I was intercepting them as they moved from the deeper hole to the shallower area right before sunset.

Now that the water is moving the way i am used to, even in the 25 degree weather I managed a hook up in my typical run using a lure.  I think next time I go I am bringing my longer rod and seeing if I can get the bead thing working for me...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

on: December 10, 2018, 05:41:58 PM 
Started by alleymad - Last post by Neebo
Dang!  I usually have a pair of pliers and extra trebles for just such an occasion.  I am hopefull there are some fish in a couple weeks.  May try to hobble down before the end of the year.

on: December 10, 2018, 03:01:27 PM 
Donít feel too bad - not many boats going to make It all the way up there because the water is super low...  and gin clear...

on: December 10, 2018, 06:14:17 AM 
Started by alleymad - Last post by rsa0420(Alex)
Ugh. boats winterized and I cant walk down there... this spring the boat will come out early

on: December 09, 2018, 03:30:37 PM 
Fished at Webber today for a couple hours.  Had one take, fought It for a couple minutes, It came off.  Reeled in and was entirely POíd to see that I had one mangled hook, and one broken split ring.  This was a Husky Jerk HJ 12 and I have never had a problem with the hardware on these lures.  Cost me a 20# fish (it was bigger than the biggest one Iíve caught)...  only bite I had, just reeling It down and banging the bottom then dead sticking all the way through the run I was fishing.  The hit was ferocious and even though I didnít land It, it was nice to get the adrenaline going...

Flood gates at Webber are closed.  Fish ladder is also closed.  Water is coming through the powerhouse.  Steelhead are there.  So is cold...

on: December 04, 2018, 12:42:58 PM 
Started by GuitarTab - Last post by Neebo
A month he says...September 25 was my last attempt.  A day that will forever live in infamy.  That said I was cleared to walk early so I will for sure be out asap.

on: December 03, 2018, 06:45:42 AM 
Started by john warren - Last post by rsa0420(Alex)
Love my minnow traps they save me a lot of time before catfishing. never likes the plasic kind tho they get a film built up on them I use glass traps

on: December 03, 2018, 06:44:18 AM 
Started by GuitarTab - Last post by rsa0420(Alex)
Ahh so it isn't just me that's been to busy to fish... I did pick up a electric start outboard for the boat so this spring I can run up to webber minus the walk on these bad knees. this winter is going to be a lot of ice fishing places that take you out to your heated shack been to a few in Michigan all have there own perks

on: December 03, 2018, 03:54:00 AM 
Started by john warren - Last post by PerryJaco
This site is considered to be extremely informative, but I would like to know if this data is deleted and why.

on: December 02, 2018, 02:01:08 PM 
Started by GuitarTab - Last post by alleymad
They blasted upstream fast because the water was so warm and low when they came in.  Middle of September the river was loaded with them for like 3 days below Webber and then they were gone.

One night I saw at least 200 fish move up the ladder - I think I posted a pic of a salmon from that night.

Not that I care because walleye have been great...

Too bad I havenít fished in like a month...

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10