Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: April 24, 2018, 06:24:37 PM 
Started by alleymad - Last post by alleymad
Fished on Sunday 4/22/18 and Tuesday 4/24/18 and managed 1/3 steelhead, a bunch of smallies, and a northern.

Fish came on a variety of different jerkbaits either cranked down and dead-sticked or crawled against the current.  Olive when cloudy, silver when sunny...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

on: April 24, 2018, 12:08:39 PM 
Started by Neebo - Last post by Hobie-Wan Kenobi
I am heading to Long Lake for a bachelor party on Saturday and plan to stick some lines in the water.  I have fished it before but only for bass and gill (which I will be doing as a bluegill supper sounds good) but plan to have a rig out for pike.  Anyone fished it for them or have any pointers?  I have caught pike and think I know what I am doing but I am sure someone else has more experience

Never fished there but, you could drift a sucker as you fish from gills. If you are deliberately fishing for pike, shouldn't be too hard to come across a couple keepers. They taste good in the springtime and have a ton of meat.

Bass style spinnerbaits and rattles traps work for an all around approach. You could catch pike, bass or whatever else on them.

If looking for bigger pike, I'd throw something like a Rapala Glidin Rap around submerged timber and weeds. I've caught most of my bigger pike twitching one of those along. The bite is insane as well. It's like a smallmouth crashing a jerkbait but, more intense.

One last lure, the Buzz Plug. I swapped out the stock hook for a beefier hook. That lure can cover some serious water and pike love them.

on: April 24, 2018, 02:46:10 AM 
Started by Neebo - Last post by Vicenter
These can be used to spread the knowledge, because I see it as a good content.

on: April 24, 2018, 02:44:55 AM 
Started by kayakangler - Last post by Vicenter
What I have read here can be published for further development in the future.

on: April 23, 2018, 07:47:19 PM 
Started by Neebo - Last post by alleymad
Nice fish, Ally.  Weber?  And Macaroni, I think I need to head up there and fish with you.  You can show me some spots this time!

Sure was.  Shouldíve had 2 but my net using ability was evidently impaired...

Both on a silver thunder stick btw...

on: April 23, 2018, 04:43:50 PM 
Started by Neebo - Last post by Neebo
Nice fish, Ally.  Weber?  And Macaroni, I think I need to head up there and fish with you.  You can show me some spots this time!

on: April 22, 2018, 06:44:58 PM 
Started by Hobie-Wan Kenobi - Last post by alleymad
Right now Iím trying to get a steelhead, which I did:

I donít have a center pin and donít like to fish with a float.  Steelhead will hit anything that walleye will, thereís just fewer of them around my area...

Pretty soon I will be after walleye.  I use anything they will eat, and I am not afraid to try my entire tackle box to figure It out.  I prefer to use suspending crankbaits (confidence lure), but truth be told a half a night crawler is normally the way to go.  Also catch tons of smallmouth suckers and catfish.

Once It starts getting hot, I start fishing in the dark.  I will soak bluegills, cut bait, or
crawlers along a seam for catfish while working a fire tiger crankbait in case a walleye is hanging around.

If I canít get out of town, I fish for bass on occasion.  I like a Zoom Super Fluke Texas-rigged with no weight.

In the fall I normally try to catch walleye some more and occasionally get a salmon to hit my walleye presentation.

In the winter I try to catch walleye.

on: April 22, 2018, 06:34:45 PM 
Started by Neebo - Last post by alleymad
Definitely no ice down here...

on: April 22, 2018, 09:40:41 AM 
Started by Hobie-Wan Kenobi - Last post by Hobie-Wan Kenobi
3 feet of ice!!!! I wonder what the inland lakes are like? I guess I'll be waiting until the walleye opener to get on the water.

on: April 22, 2018, 09:38:01 AM 
Started by Hobie-Wan Kenobi - Last post by Hobie-Wan Kenobi
Bluegills and smallmouth bass in summer, whitefish in fall and winter.

Macaroni

Always wanted to get into whitefish.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10