Fishing Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Author Topic: U.P fishin  (Read 1157 times)

Danmcel

• Weekend Warrior
    • View Profile
U.P fishin
« on: July 28, 2016, 03:17:26 PM »

hey fellas, live down in the LP in the manistee area and trying to plan a late summer fishing/camping (rustic is preferred) up in the upper...dont really wanna drive to far from the bridge. any recommendations for good bass/pike/walleye/catfish lake? 

macaroni

• Tournament Angler
    • View Profile
Re: U.P fishin
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2016, 09:45:34 PM »

Brevort Lake I hear is decent for walleyes. Big lake. The Pine River has walleyes. I believe both have pike. Munoscong Lake is good for walleyes, but again, big water. The Curtis area has good fishing (Indian Lake). Same for the Manistique Lakes. I'm in the Central U.P. and don't fish east very much. The St. Mary's River is great river with a great variety, including Atlantic Salmon in the summer. I highly recommend a place called "The Last Resort" in Sault Ste. Marie. It's a hotel (nice, but reasonable) and bait shop. The owner, Ken, is a super nice guy and quite knowledgeable. A very good guide on the St. Mary's and other places is Brad Petscke (sp?) who runs Rivers North guide service (riversnorth.net). He kills Atlantics and warm water species. Catfish: forget it!

Hope this helps. Incidentally, this Yooper is moving to Troll Land next weekend.  ;D Got a job in Bloomfield Hills.

Macaroni

Danmcel

• Weekend Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2016, 08:13:51 AM »

right on! thanks for the info. was looking at that brevoort lake already...also did some reading on black lake just before the bridge in onaway. but u gave me some starting points so ill run with it..thanks for the help mac

GuitarTab

• County Pro Staff
  • Master Angler
    • View Profile
    • Off The Ledge
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2016, 10:42:54 AM »

Atlantic salmon in the summer lol it's like a whole new world compared to the capital city area...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Michigan made musician and fishing enthusiast.

Facebook Comments