Fishing Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Author Topic: NLWC Tournament St. Mary's River, August 16  (Read 1381 times)

Ranger620

• Moderators
  • Master Angler
  • Power Team Lures and Lazer Trokar Pro Staff
    • View Profile
NLWC Tournament St. Mary's River, August 16
« on: July 30, 2014, 04:25:55 PM »

The NLWC will hold it's 3rd event this year on the St. Mary's River System launching out of Aunne Osborne Park in Sault Ste. Marie.  This is a diverse river system that can be fished any way you care to fish.  Deep channels and shallow bays there is something here that fits everyones particular style of walleye fishing.  As usual we encourage new anglers to join and fish one of our events.  I can guarantee you will learn something about walleye fishing at each event.  Thank you to FishMich.com for their donation to add additional prizes to this event.  Anyone wanting more info may contact me at anytime.  I'm excited to be fishing this event with my sons who are 12 and 14.  Gonna be a tough bite for some of us with the cold water temps!

Ranger620

• Moderators
  • Master Angler
  • Power Team Lures and Lazer Trokar Pro Staff
    • View Profile
Re: NLWC Tournament St. Mary's River, August 16
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2014, 06:27:55 AM »

Cold water has made fishing tough.  Tournament day brought rain and cold temps again.  I fished with my two boys ( 12 and 14).  Took a gamble and ran 20 miles from the launch and fished a channel in 17 fow near a huge weed flat.  Well it worked.  Had a limit by 9:30 a.m. and were tossing legal fish back every pass after that.  We then decided to troll the weed flat.  10 fow with weeds reaching heights of 7 feet we trolled harnesses on inline weights 20 feet behind boards and just ticked the weed tops.  We were able to upgrade 1 fish with a 3 pounder.  End result the boys and I finished 4th and had a great time.  FishMich.com prizes donated previously will be awarded at the annual banquet Sept. 27 at Maple Bay Marine in Brutus.

Facebook Comments